[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Kitchens" <spider at webweaver dot com>
 To:  "'Jack Pivac'" <email at delphinus dot co dot nz>, "'Don Munyak'" <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: Fwd: [m0n0wall] Re: m0n0wall forums
 Date:  Tue, 4 Oct 2005 19:18:48 -0400
I have the web space, my own server with 6 sites, and have direct resource
to the author of MegaBBS, it's a fantastic forum written in .asp.
www.pd9soft.com I am a fan of forums myself but lists are fine. I can easily
search for anything using Outlook in my m0n0wall filtered folders as things
are now. The arguments of having to visit a forum or sort thru a list to me
are petty, it's the users preference... That aside, I am sure there are
several of us that could provide the forum but it is ultimately Manual's
decision if it were to be "official". I believe there are a few people that
have tried to start forums but if the majority of users don't use them, they
fade away and provide no real info. Integrating the list into a forum is an
idea I had also thought of a while back but never went forward on. I have
the entire list back to Feb 2004 in my .pst file now. If you want to program
a way to import a pst folder into a standard access database, have at it and
I can have a site up in an hour.

Dave