[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.2b9 just started deny requests
 Date:  Tue, 4 Oct 2005 20:11:13 -0400
On 10/4/05, Wesley K. Joyce <wjoyce at uvi dot edu> wrote:
> Greetings list, we have a m0n0wall PC with 2 NICs that serves as a lab
> router.  There is one rule on each interface that allows any protocol
> from any source to any destination.  Today, about an hour ago, the
> router stopped allowing any access to our Squid Proxy (TCP port 8080)
> that is outside of the m0n0wall.  There are dozens of PC behind the LAN
> interface of the m0n0wall, but only entries for one PC showing a red X
> for access to the Squid Proxy server on port 8080.  We rebooted
> monowall, even added an explicit rule to the squid proxy server IP and
> port and that didn't help.  There was no evidence of what was causing
> the problem.  The odd thing is that you could telnet from the same
> computers behind the LAN interface to the IP and Port # of the Squid
> Proxy Server and Squid Proxy port.  Unfortunatlely, we have to remove
> m0n0wall from service and put back the original router m0n0wall
> replaced.

And this was working fine, and just out of nowhere stopped working?
Something changed somewhere.  Do you have NAT disabled?  Also, which
rule is actually dropping the traffic?
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/troubleshooting-firewall-rules.html

The config.xml off status.php would be helpful too (or the entire page
too for that matter).

-Chris