[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: m0n0wall forums
 Date:  Tue, 4 Oct 2005 20:45:02 -0400
On 10/4/05, Max Khitrov <max at mxserve dot net> wrote:

> Are we not considering the possibility of setting up forums on the
> official m0n0.ch site?

I think if anything, it should be on the main server on the main site
because ideally it should integrate into the MySQL back end of ezmlm,
the mailing list management software.

But I also don't know that it's worth the effort.  That'd be a lot of work.

If it's integrated into the list, fine.  If it's not, forget about it.
 I won't mess with web forums because it's an inconvenience.  There
goes your #1 poster, who answers almost all the questions!  :)  I know
in the past many of the other knowledgable folks on this list have
stated they wouldn't mess with a web forum either.

What it comes down to is what works for the people who help, not for
those who ask questions.  That's what should be most important for
those who ask questions too, if they want an answer to their question.
 :)

-Chris