[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Joe Rodiguez Jr." <jrodriguezjr at gmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Design question using MONOWALL
 Date:  Tue, 4 Oct 2005 10:40:34 -0500
Hi All,

Anther question for the group, again I am using monwall now as my primary
firewall server and I have a question regarding design of the network for a
client.

Since I am going to use Monowall I wanted to see what those who have
experience with it had to say.  Here is the situation:

I have a client that has been assigned a /28 subnet for public IP's.  Their
internal network will be a 192.168.1.X network however the question is where
the best place to put their servers, NATed on the same network or in the
DMZ.  In either case, all servers will have there own host firewall
protection, but I wanted to know what makes the most sense.

Your guidance is greatly appreciated,

Joe R.