[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Reset byte/collision counters on interfaces page
 Date:  Wed, 5 Oct 2005 16:24:17 -0400
On 10/5/05, Robert Staph <rstaph at digitalimpreza dot com> wrote:
> Anyone know how to reset the byte/collision counters without having to
> reboot?
>
> 1.2b10 takes about 5 minutes to reboot for me (1.2b3 took about 45 seconds)
> and I'd rather not go through that without an extreme need to.

the long reboot is much more important.  what's taking it so long?  It
hang at any particular point(s), or just slow throughout booting?

I don't believe there is any way to clear the netstat counters on
FreeBSD without rebooting.  I didn't search too much though, Google on
"netstat -I" freebsd (that's a dash capital i after netstat) if you
want to look further.

-Chris