[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Listacc <listacc at ocosa dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Hardware: Dell Optiplex GX150 PIII 933
 Date:  Wed, 05 Oct 2005 21:12:22 -0500
Just to add to Jewel - my home firewall / router is a Compaq Prolinea
5100 (167mhz) w/ 163mb ram. Now that machine is older than dirt! :-)
m0n0wall is great! I use this in my datacenter! http://www.ocosa.com We
was behind a Watchguard totally in 2004 then later that year upgraded to
m0n0wall then used a pix for like a week found out just a crappy p2
system w/ intel nics.  Now my entire operation is behind the box a
Compaq deskpro pIII 933 384mb of ram runs like a charm. of course I
still have those other vendors but my entire dc is behind this unix
firewall. I have colo customers behind it isp customers and much more.
So your machine is more than enough just get good  nics and a lot of
ram. pulling about 10mbits - 15mbits of sustained traffic I am usually
not even max'n out on cpu and mem usage. m0n0wall team your pretty nice!