[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b10...blows me away.
 Date:  Tue, 4 Oct 2005 11:30:55 -0500
From: "William Arlofski" <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
> Keith Hatfull wrote:

>> Wow...just for fun I upgraded my test/play/get-used-to-m0n0 box to
>> 1.2b10.  I'm not usually much for beta software but I gotta tell
>> you....this is just amazing.
[snip]
>> After playing around in both product's GUIs for 30 minutes each or so,
>> it's obvious to me how much more advanced m0n0 is.  I quite frankly
>> can't believe that this is open source software.

> For an even more professional-looking, silent, no-moving-parts m0n0wall
> deployment try m0n0wall on a WRAP in a nice RED or black aluminum case.
> :) Total hardware cost for WRAP/ps/case/CFcard ~ $200.00 USD

One of the features I like the most is scalability.  I have not yet used a
WRAP or Sokris box, however, I have deployed a VIA C3 solution.  (About
halfway between a Sokris and a desktop)  The fact that it can scale with the
same software and config to a high end server if needed, and remain
transparent to the client is nothing short of amazing.

>> Manuel, et. al. my hat's off to you.  This is awesome work.

> Agreed!

Again here.

Linkage...

VIA C3 Fanless w/ Duel nics,