[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  DevAuto <devauto at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Hardware: Dell Optiplex GX150 PIII 933
 Date:  Thu, 6 Oct 2005 08:29:11 -0400
Okay, okay, got two m0n0 boxes running on old gear, a P90 w/80mb ram and a
486 DX2 50mhz ... yes, you read it right, 486 with 32mb ram, and a whopping
500mb hdd (takes forever to boot, but works beautifully when running)...
(not to mention the two Soekris 486 class boxes but I guess they don't
really count since m0n0 was developed for them) ...

Been wondering about compiling source to run on the old 8086 in the corner
... if I could just find some nics for it <grin>...

On 10/5/05, Jack Pivac <email at delphinus dot co dot nz> wrote:

> Lowest spec box competition is it?
> /me pulls out the 66mhz box with 32mb ram... haven't tried running
> monowall on it but.....
> Oh i did have monowall installed on a 50mb (yes thats megabyte) hard
> drive.. but it was terribly slow... and plugging the hard drive into my
> winxp box... windoze didn't even detect it!
>

> > Oh, yeah? Well, mine's running on a 266Mhz AMD-K6 w/64mb RAM and two
> > 10baseT nics! :-D
> >
> > Jewell, Mike wrote:
> >> Just to prove m0n0 will run on anything, mine's running on an old
> >> Optiplex
> >> G1 (300 mhz) w/ 256m ram... the thing is older then dirt, but runs
> >> just
> >> fine....
> >>
> >> -Mike

DevAuto
Failure is not an option ... it comes bundled with your Micro$oft solution!