[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Ethan Bonick <ethan at networkinggeeks dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] www.m0n0.ch ???
 Date:  Thu, 06 Oct 2005 19:14:36 +0200
On 06.10.05 11:51 -0500, Ethan Bonick wrote:

> Cisco or Linksys? I've never had good luck with Linksys equipment.
> Always seems flakey.

It's a Cisco uBR924 DOCSIS 1.0 cable router. That model has been EOL
since mid 2001, but the biggest Swiss cable provider still sells them
to their business customers (for 6 times the price that they'd cost
on eBay). You can't use your own router either, nope, no way.
Apparently mine has been sitting on the shelf for 6 years.

I hope it doesn't do that again - I'm not used to Cisco stuff being
flakey. So far my cheap Linksys APs haven't given me any grief. ;)

- Manuel