[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Paul Taylor <PaulTaylor at winn dash dixie dot com>
 To:  Jonathan De Graeve <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] How to authorize the consultation of a site befor e the authentification
 Date:  Thu, 6 Oct 2005 13:51:47 -0400
If you want to use HTTPS on your captive portal login page (about the only
way to keep your usernames and passwords secure), you could use our custom
version of monowall, available for download here:

(generic PC and cdrom versions)
http://www.addressplus.net/generic-pc-1.2b10.wd2.21.zip
http://www.addressplus.net/cdrom-1.2b10.wd2.21.zip

This version has a "Captive Portal Element Manager", which lets you use the
web interface to upload graphics, css files, etc. to be served by the
captive portal.  (Note that links to image files, etc. must be in the
captive portal login or error pages in order to be prompted to upload them.)

Paul

From: "Bruno LAURET" <bruno dot lauret at semita dot fr>

> I use monowall for a captive portal for a wireless  network and I want
> know
> how to authorize the consultation of a site (just one) before the
> authentification.

In other systems, this is referred to as "Walled Garden."  On M0n0wall,
it
is set by ip address only (Not domain name) under "Services: Captive
portal:
Allowed IP addresses."  This is handy if you want your authentication
page
to pull graphics from another website.