[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Phil Carinhas <pac at fortuitous dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] New User
 Date:  Fri, 7 Oct 2005 08:36:05 -0500
On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 02:18:43AM -0400, Chris Buechler wrote:
> On 10/5/05, Fig <figmail at comcast dot net> wrote:
> > OK, so the 233 won't be enough. I was afraid of that. :-(
> actually it should be, if you just trash those crappy Realtek NIC's.
> Get some Intels, you'll get 4-5 times the throughput on that CPU.

  Speaking of crappy nics, are the via nics (like those found on
eden/epia boards) any better? What other nics should we avoid?
I was considering buying one of the Eden boards with the 533mhz cpu
and 3 nics.

Anyone know of fanless Eden/Via mini-itx boards with 3 nics (not RealTeks) ?

  -Phil
 | Philip A. Carinhas      | http://fortuitous.com        |
 | Fortuitous Technologies | Linux Consulting & Training  |