[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Thibodeau, Dale" <dthibode at uwc dot edu>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  NAT and network monitoring, please help
 Date:  Fri, 7 Oct 2005 16:01:14 -0500
I did a search but couldn't find anything similar so I'm going to put
this out for comment.

My m0n0 setup is like this, pretty simple;

    |---------|    |---------|    |------------|
    | WAN     |----| M0N0    |----| LAN        |
    |10.64.x.x|    |         |    |192.168.1.x |
    |---------|    |---------|    |------------|

My wireless users connect to about 10 wireless access points on the LAN
side and with the captive portal authenticate with a radius server on
the WAN side.  How do I setup M0n0wall to allow my workstation on the
WAN side full access to the Wap's on the LAN side?

Can I assign them real WAN addresses and use NAT so that my management
software (HP Procurve manager) can see the Wap's?  Should I set things
up differently?

Ie.  10.64.1.10 = 192.168.1.10

Thanks and have a great weekend everyone!

Dale Thibodeau