[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andreas Bahr <eyebear at prima dot de>
 To:  Hans Ruck <HansRuck at myrrena dot ch>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  [m0n0wall] Re: FW: Newby on M0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 06 Oct 2005 21:01:11 +0200
Hans Ruck schrieb:
> Thanks,
>
> I was not quite clear on the configuration I'm trying to achieve
>
>    |---------|    |---------|                        |-------|
> ---| ADSL    |----| W2003 S | (192.168.16.2/255) ----| PC's  |
>    | router  |    | DHCP    |                        |-------|
>    |---------|    |---------|
>                   |---------| (192.168.16.8/24)
>                   |  LAN    |   none bridged
>                   | Mono 1.2b7
>                   | Atheros |
>                   | miniPCI |
>                   |  WAN    | ??
>                   |---------|
>                       \\
>                        \\
>                       ---
>                      \\
>
>                      Laptop A (DHCP client)
>                      Laptop B (DHCP client)

Umm... why do you use a seperate ADSL-Router in front of the W2k3
server? Why don't you use the monowall instead?
(I'm using it inside a w2k-server in a vmware which sits on a D-Link
4-port-nic)
And why do you use the WAN side for the WLAN access? Any limitations,
which we don't know? Only two network interfaces on the wrap board? VoIP?
Better puttin' the monowall in front of the w2k3 server... mine gives
away dhcp-leases through the opt1 port without any rules.

   Andreas