[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Fwd: [m0n0wall] install question
 Date:  Sat, 8 Oct 2005 23:25:44 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brent <brent at ubtanet dot com>
Date: Oct 8, 2005 10:31 PM
Subject: RE: [m0n0wall] install question
To: Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>

>> b. is installable on the SATA drive onboardor will I have to do a cdrom
>> install(ugh)
>

> There just isn't really any reason to waste a good sata drive, whether it
> works or not.... Buy a CF adapter... and a CF card.  Quiet and reliable.

above reply meant for list, and that's an excellent point.  Seems
every motherboard with SATA also has IDE ports, so get a IDE to CF
adapter.  There may be SATA to CF adapters out there too.  No sense in
wasting a $BIGNUMBER GB drive when you only need 8 MB.  :)  Not to
mention CF will last longer, use much less power, generate much less
heat, and less noise.

-Chris