[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall on xbox?
 Date:  Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:50:38 -0400
On 10/10/05, Thibodeau, Dale <dthibode at uwc dot edu> wrote:
> Just curious as I didn't see anything in the archive about this.  Could
> m0n0wall run on an xbox?  The prices are dropping and it has decent
> hardware specs, as well as support for wireless nics.  Can the xbox
> support two nics and a wireless card?  Will it work with an ide->cf
> adapter?

FreeBSD will run on xbox, see: http://freebsd.ilse.nl/xbox/

But it uses a custom boot loader, so a standard m0n0wall image won't
work.  To get good support for USB NIC's, you'd have to be running 5.x
or 6.x.  In short, this isn't really feasible, you'd have to put a lot
of work into building a custom image of 5.x or 6.x to get a reasonably
well working system.

-Chris