[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall as router?
 Date:  Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:32:37 -0400
On 10/10/05, Angel Javier Ripa <Angel dot Javier dot Ripa at ie dot edu> wrote:

> Is it possible to configure m0n0wall to work as router? I have two nics. One of them is on wifi
network (LAN on m0n0wall), and the other one is on lan network (WAN on m0n0wall). The internet
access is provided by proxy server on lan network. The wifi nic have the captive portal. I need to
access to lan network by routing, no making NAT.

Disable NAT.  http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-no-nat.html
Also make sure you have the appropriate static routes on the default
gateway of your primary network pointing the subnet behind m0n0wall to
m0n0wall's WAN IP.  Disable "block private networks" on m0n0wall's WAN
interface, enter the appropriate firewall rules, and you'll be set.

-Chris