[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Upgrade problem with 1.2
 Date:  Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:46:16 -0400
On 10/10/05, John Benjamin <john at thebenjs dot com> wrote:
> Thanks Chris,
>
> I think the board has 64mb - but never the less, if the error message means
> Im out of RAM than so be it.
>
> Which procs would you recommend kill'ing off before trying the upgrade
> again?

from a glance at 'top' via exec.php on my 4501, I'd kill off racoon,
snmpd, syslogd, ez-ipupdate, mpd, msntp, and dnsmasq.  that should
give you enough, without killing your remote Internet connectivity.

If you're connected via the LAN side and not remotely, you can be less
cautious and just kill off pretty much anything but php and mini_httpd
and should still have webGUI connectivity.

-chris