[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chuck Munro <chuckm at seafoam dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall-list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Smooth 1.2 Release
 Date:  Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:40:59 -0700
Just a quick note to thank all the good people who created and tested
(...and tested, and tested) version 1.2 of m0n0wall.  Installation of
the new generic-pc image to a retired disk drive went smooth as silk,
enough to convince me that other firewalls around here will be upgraded
or replaced right away.  I don't use most of the more esoteric features,
but for straightforward NAT firewalling it sure beats anything else I've
tried.

Now that m0n0wall supports automatic spin-down of its hard drive, I
finally have a use for all those old 6GB disks gathering dust on the shelf.

Kudos to the team!
Chuck