[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP issue on 1.2stable
 Date:  Tue, 11 Oct 2005 00:21:39 -0400
On 10/10/05, Jimmy Bones (Omega) <mhottie at gmail dot com> wrote:
> From another forum;
>
> Hey - Monowall (m0n0wall) 1.2 stable was released the other day. I have been
> using 1.2b7 for awhile now with FreeBSD 5.3 as it's base w/o any issues on a
> fairly high volume network.
>
> So now I changed to 1.2 stable that went back to the FreeBSD 4.11 branch,
> and my cable modem will not acquire an IP addr from the DHCP server. (RCN
> Cable)

are you using MAC spoofing on the WAN by chance?  I'm not 100% sure on
this, but I know some Realtek NIC's have issues with promiscuous mode
(though I thought it was across the board and not just in 4.x) and I
believe MAC spoofing requires promiscuous mode.  This is a faint
recollection of something I ran across in the past, and I could be way
off on that.  Somebody please correct me if I am.

Other than that, if you aren't changing your configuration at all, I
don't see where anything else could be an issue.

-Chris