[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jimmy Bones (Omega)" <mhottie at gmail dot com>
 To:  joey young <joey underscore young at hotmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP issue on 1.2stable
 Date:  Tue, 11 Oct 2005 03:46:58 -0400
Joey -

Not off at all, I did run into this problem a few times. I forgot to release
my IP address, and for some reason (even though I am using the same MAC addr
on the WAN NIC and the same MAC on the modem) I could not receive an IP
addr. It took almost 20-30 minutes for them to finally re-issue my IP addr.
I thought this initially was the problem, but after waiting for quite
sometime, calling them to clear my ip addr, etc. I realized that aside from
this, with 1.2 it would never renew. As soon as I changed back to 1.2b7 and
rebooted, my ip was renewed right away. So I am pretty sure at this point it
is a problem specifically with 1.2. I'll provide more detailed logs, etc, if
someone needs them.

Thanks.

-J