[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, <m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  "Manuel Kasper" <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Subject:  1Minute reauthentication broke in 1.2 (also in 1.2b10)
 Date:  Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:35:51 +0200
Captive portal option:
"reauthenticate connected users every minute" seems to be broken in 1.2
and also in 1.2b10

I can see the authentication requests in my radius server logging:

Tue Oct 11 10:28:02 2005 : Auth: Invalid user (rlm_sqlcounter: Maximum
never usage time reached): [jonathan/ pass] (from client hotty port 0)
Tue Oct 11 10:29:07 2005 : Auth: Invalid user (rlm_sqlcounter: Maximum
never usage time reached): [jonathan/ pass] (from client hotty port 0)
Tue Oct 11 10:30:12 2005 : Auth: Invalid user (rlm_sqlcounter: Maximum
never usage time reached): [jonathan/pass] (from client hotty port 0)
Tue Oct 11 10:31:17 2005 : Auth: Invalid user (rlm_sqlcounter: Maximum
never usage time reached): [jonathan/pass] (from client hotty port 0)

But the user never gets logged out on the captive portal system.

I saw this behaviour when I wanted to test my own radius work and
thought it had something todo with my own work but it seems it also
doesn't work on the normal branch.

This is what my radius server returns:
rad_recv: Access-Reject packet from host radius1:1812, id=235, length=68
        Reply-Message = "Your maximum usage time has been reached"

Are there other people with the same issue? This worked in 1.2b9 without
any problem.

--
Jonathan De Graeve
Network/System Administrator