[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  giuseppe at marullo dot it
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OpenVPN on 1.2 or later
 Date:  Tue, 11 Oct 2005 11:19:55 +0200
Hi Giuseppe!

Am Dienstag, den 11.10.2005, 08:46 +0200 schrieb Giuseppe Marullo:
> finally I got a CF to test M0n0Wall and...eeek. No OpenVPN. Sorry for the
> dumb question, how could I test OpenVPN support?
Current version is 1.2b10-ovpn5. You can find it on [1].

>  When/where there will be a beta available(again)?
Hard to say that. Next will be to port the ovpn5 codebase to 1.2final
(or integrate the differnces of 1.2final into ovpn5). There are only few
differncies between 1.2b10 and 1.2final, so it's fine to use 1.2b10 with
my OpenVPN patches.

The further roadmap? OpenVPN support in 1.3 depends on many things. One
of the major points is the handling of the optional interfaces. I think
we can reintegrate the OpenVPN codebase into 1.3beta, if this issue is
solved. While not, I'll maintain inofficial releases on my page.

Ciao ...

[1] http://www.protec-t.de/m0n0wall/downloads/

 copyleft(c) by |           MSDOS didn't get as bad as it is overnight --
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     it took over ten years of careful development.