[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Fwd: Fwd: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall and vonage rtp300
 Date:  Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:32:34 -0400
> On the VT1005, does it also shield all the firewall rules from the
> m0n0wall?  I really want the firewall to see the WAN address and act as
> the primary firewall.

The VT1005 is not a firewall, but does simple NAT/PAT

You can either put the VT1005 in front of m0n0wall. This will allow
the VT1005 to take care of bandwidth priority.

You can also put m0n0wall in front of the VT1005. While I have not
done this, In this case I believe at a minimum, you will need to open
some udp ports, as well as consider using shaping.

Here's a link to the motorola pdf for vt1005

http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/products/VT1000/downloads/VT1000_User_Guide.pdf

- Don