[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Paul Taylor <PaulTaylor at winn dash dixie dot com>
 To:  Jim Naslund <jnaslund at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Blocking Outgoing VPN Access
 Date:  Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:42:40 -0400
Jim,

	It might be PPTP.. I think port 1723 is associated with that type of
VPN traffic.

	If you are running 1.2b10 or 1.2, look under Diagnostics for the
Firewall States while this person(s) is connected.  This will let you see
exactly who is using what traffic, including source and destination IP,
ports (for TCP/UDP), protocol type, etc.

	Armed with this information, it should be fairly easy to put a rule
in place to block that traffic...  (With a rule on the interface that the
user is coming in on.)

Paul