[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "wifi" <northpark at home dot nl>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  doing more with radius
 Date:  Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:18:58 +0200
Hi there!

First of all, some incredible piece of software! Runs nicely mysoekris, and I am using it for an
open hotspot experiment.

I have used monowall and the captive portal succesfull together with a radius server. However it was
only used to give users access to the internet. In latest beta version (and I asume the 1.2 version
also, havent tried it yet), you could also make a user database on monowall itself, which is quite
usefull, and radius can be eliminated for certain situations.

So, it would be nice to be able to do more with the radius server, having specific restrictions per
user. (for example traffic shaping or specific firewall rules).

Is anyone using radius and monowall for more then just giving access? Any thoughts on how to extend
the functionality of monowall for radius attributes?

Thanks, Taco