[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Freeman" <aaronpc at pccreations dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0wall vs Watchguard
 Date:  Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:09:57 -0700
A friend of mine has a bundled T1 and he has replication issue botween two Windows 2003 servers. The
sites have the following firewalls, one running FireBox 1000 the other running a soho6. Both
Watchguard.

When I do a speedtest behind the Watchguard the speeds are consistantly 1.8MB/1.8MB.

When I put both location behind a m0n0wall running on a Dell OptiPlex GX150 my average speed is 2.8
MB/2.8MB with no replication issues.

I have spoken to both Watchguard and Microsoft and the each point the finger at each other.

I have proven that the Watchguard is the problem. How do I prove to my friend that m0n0wall is a
valid business solution? Or am I incorrect in my thinking?

Thank you for any input possible.

Aaron