[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall vs Watchguard
 Date:  Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:47:57 -0500
From: "Aaron Freeman" <aaronpc at pccreations dot net>

> I have spoken to both Watchguard and Microsoft and the each point
> the finger at each other.

> I have proven that the Watchguard is the problem. How do I prove to my
> friend that m0n0wall is a valid business solution? Or am I incorrect in my
> thinking?

You don't. In cases like this, the user is actually asking "Who is
responsible, or who will support it?"  I have installed m0n0 in many
commercial applications, but I never sold m0n0wall.  I sold a service that
included firewall software that happened to be m0n0wall.  If a customer said
"I want X firewall." my response was "OK, but I don't know it very well, and
will have to bill hourly to support it."
If you really want you friend to switch, the trick is showing that in his
current solution, no on is responsible now, and no one supports it now.
That way, they are both judged on the merits; One solution works, and one
doesn't.

                                 Lee