[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Freeman" <aaronpc at pccreations dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall vs Watchguard
 Date:  Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:20:22 -0700
Thank you all for your responses.

I will look more into this article 899148 soon, it looks interesting.

The basic issue is that Watchguard through VPN does not like a MTU size
above 1372. Windows Sever starts to have issues when the MTU size gets
below 1420. If you are interested I will locate the article.

So I asked WatchGuard can I change MTU size. They said yes but it will
void the warranty and service contract.(so many reason why that is so
wrong)

Microsoft gave me a registry hack that allows the server to auto
negotiate the MTU size on the fly (no default install does not support
this). This helped a little, but it still takes 12 hours to replicate
most of the time. I could go on and on but I will not.

Aaron