[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 To:  stfuhello <stfuhelloworld at yahoo dot com dot au>
 Cc:  mono <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: monowall HTTP ports on LAN side ?!?!*%# Im a n00b
 Date:  Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:49:19 +0500
[1] its probably much simpler than you think!
[2] if your network is the usual (ie your PCs on the LAN interface)
then to allow http access you need to add a rule so that :
interface: LAN
proto: TCP
destination port: 80 (HTTP)
all other are * (ie any)
[3] get rid of the the rules on WAN, get rid of the NAT rules
[4] you usually need dns also to browse...add that also (hint - dns is
tcp AND udp). Add a rule for this.
[5] You should try getting your filesharing to work after you get the
simple http going.

hth

sai