[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Tom Anderson" <tom at haremail dot net>
 To:  "Jack Challen" <jack underscore challen at ocsl dot co dot uk>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Accessing ADSL Router box on WAN side of m0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:14:33 -0700
My situation is similar. I put my m0n0wall first, then put the router on the
OPT1 interface. I disabled DHCP on the router and use static IP addresses on
everything (but you could use either the DHCP from your router or from the
m0n0wall if you don't want to use static IP's. My LAN interface has only my
wife's computer and mine on it and my 5 kids are all on the OPT1 with the
router. This seems like a strange setup, but I do it so I can have time and
day based rules on the kid's interface to limit internet usage to reasonable
hours on school days.