[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ugo Bellavance <ugob at camo dash route dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Switching from CD-ROM to flash-based
 Date:  Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:26:13 -0400
Hi,

	I'm about to make the transition for my m0n0wall at the office (cd-rom
-> flash memory) and buy hardware to set a m0n0wall up at home (To
eventually have IPSec Tunneling in-between).

	I would probably go for a soekris 4801 + lan1621 or 1641 at the office,
since I'd like to have a few spare ports and I'd probably use a WRAP at
home.  Not sure yet but I don't think it's relevant for my question
anyway.  I wanted to know what kind of "accessories" I'll need.

Here's the list:

A soekris/Wrap + Case
A power supply
A flash card.  I think I'll buy a 128 MB to make sure I can try PFSense
A flash card reader.  Will this be Ok to put in my PC?
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1270859&CatId=962

If I buy a Wrap, I'll buy from www.packetgods.com/, as I'm in Canada.
Soekris have no distributors in canada so the shipping + duties make the
price go up.  That is why I'm thinking about the WRAP.

Have I forgotten anything?

Regards,
--
Ugo