[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frank Cisler <fcisler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  OpenVPN Integration
 Date:  Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:19:25 -0400
Hello all!
 First time i'm using a mailing list, so forgive me.
 My boss started using m0n0wall about a year ago now, and i just recently
started using it. Currently 1.2b10. Unfortunately, this is the last version
i'll be upgrading to, unless OpenVPN can be added as a module or i can hack
it in myself. I prefer the IPSec VPN myself, but unfortunately OpenVPN is
the only VPN i have found that is able to traverse 90% of firewalls (only
needs 1 udp port).
 Does anyone have any documentation on how to add openvpn support to 1.2? Is
there anyway I could help the support of OpenVPN with m0n0? I read that the
removal of OpenVPN was because of optional interface...but i really prefer
it that way. I'm willing to dig into source and modify what needs to be
changed, or build a module, etc...but i'm not sure how I should approach
this?
 ALSO, reading the "future of m0n0wall".....
if your interested in trying OpenBSD, i have a new sourceforge project
openpxe.sourceforge.net <http://openpxe.sourceforge.net>
I've been building a frontend (shell scripting) that will assist you in
kernel building, ramdisk creation, and ramdisk population. There are no
files on the site right now, they will be up shortly though. If anyone
thinks it may be of any use, please let me know.
 Thanks for all the great work with m0n0wall!
 Frank