[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  Frank Cisler <fcisler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OpenVPN Integration
 Date:  Wed, 12 Oct 2005 23:37:23 +0200
Hi Frank!

Am Mittwoch, den 12.10.2005, 15:19 -0400 schrieb Frank Cisler:
>  First time i'm using a mailing list, so forgive me.
So you do know how to search a mailinglist?

> it in myself. I prefer the IPSec VPN myself, but unfortunately OpenVPN is
Not unfortunately. Take a look at [1] and be convinced.

>  Does anyone have any documentation on how to add openvpn support to 1.2? Is
It's almost done. For the meantime look at [2]. I hope to provide you
with a 1.2 based image in the next two weeks. But as I said earlier:
There were no big changes made between 1.2b10 and 1.2. Please use my
1.2b10-ovpn5 and *not* 1.2b10, if you need OpenVPN support in m0n0wall.

> there anyway I could help the support of OpenVPN with m0n0? I read that the
> removal of OpenVPN was because of optional interface...but i really prefer
> it that way. I'm willing to dig into source and modify what needs to be
> changed, or build a module, etc...but i'm not sure how I should approach
> this?
Leave it. Wait what the discussion of m0n0s future on the devel list
will bring us. If you still want to help, write me a PM and/or take a
look at my m0n0wall OpenVPN TODO file. The VPN wizard is one of the
things which I have at top of my wishlist.

Ciao ...

[1] http://www.sans.org/rr/whitepapers/vpns/1459.php
[2] http://www.protec-t.de/m0n0wall/downloads/

 copyleft(c) by |           *** PUBLIC flooding detected from erikyyy
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_      THAT's an erik, pholx.... ;)  --