[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  Jonathan Marriott <jon at kiwiuk dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Mirror port
 Date:  Thu, 13 Oct 2005 00:05:09 +0200
Am Mittwoch, den 12.10.2005, 22:45 +0100 schrieb Jonathan Marriott:
> Is it possible to turn an unused ethernet connection into a mirror of a used
> one using monowall? Much like some managed switches do. I have a WRAP 3-port
> board and have one spare that I'd like to use to see what is going on with my
> Internet connection and use things like ntop and ethereal on. Would simply
> bridging the ports do this?
Hmm, I think there was also a discussion about that:
http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=37/74

Possible, yes ("dup to"). Wise? Don't think so. Tcpdump would help me
much more. Ahh, (a GUI for) tcpdump would be a nice feature request for
1.3beta ;-)

Ciao ...

 copyleft(c) by |           if (instr(buf,sys_errlist errno )) /* you
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     don't see this */  -- Larry Wall in eval.c