[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Mirror port
 Date:  Wed, 12 Oct 2005 21:01:18 -0400
On 10/12/05, Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de> wrote:

> Possible, yes ("dup to"). Wise? Don't think so.

yeah, I don't think that's a great way to do that.

> Tcpdump would help me
> much more. Ahh, (a GUI for) tcpdump would be a nice feature request for
> 1.3beta ;-)

yeah, I've run into several situations where that'd be nice to have.

A sniffer on a firewall is a bit of a security risk though.  But, if
you get to the point on m0n0wall where you can run a binary on the
system, you could also upload whatever binaries you wanted and then
run them anyway, so that's pretty much a moot point.  :)

-Chris