[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] hardware: specs for high bandwidth
 Date:  Wed, 12 Oct 2005 21:27:37 -0400
On 10/12/05, Tarun Kundhi <tkundhi at inebraska dot com> wrote:
> I've been running m0n0wall 1.11 for approx 1 year on an 400MHz PII Dell with three NICs (WAN, LAN
and DMZ) and have been pleased.  Its a great project. Those involved have done a wonderful job.
Thank you.

> In the coming months we will be moving into a new office and will have some high bandwidth
requirements, particularly between our LAN & DMZ interfaces. Our WAN connection will probably be 5
Mbps. We will be moving lots of large files from the DMZ interface to the LAN interface so I need a
Gigabit Ethernet between the two.

> Is m0n0wall up for this?

Yeah, but keep PCI bus bandwidth in mind.  Read the bottom of this
page.  http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/hardware-sizing.html

-Chris