[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Network problem with Compaq EN 400s (since 1.2b8)
 Date:  Wed, 12 Oct 2005 22:54:02 -0400
On 10/12/05, Rene Wieldraaijer <rene at realwheel dot nl> wrote:
> I am having the following problem, can anyone help?
>

> I am using m0n0wall on my Compaq EN 4000s.
>
> All versions up to version 1.2b7 were working fine.
>
> In versions 1.2b8 up to 1.2 final I am having the following problem.:
>
> The onboard network interface is unreachable after booting.

I recall something similar on another box, where it was later
determined that ifconfig after boot would bring up the interface
(sounds like the same thing, since assign interfaces does an
ifconfig).  Seems to be a driver issue in FreeBSD 4.x.  The rebooting
not restarting the machine issue is probably related to the same.

Best I can offer is stick with 1.2b7 if it works well for you, or try
different hardware or a different NIC.

Also make sure plug and play OS in your BIOS is disabled, and make
sure you're using the latest BIOS on the machine.

-Chris