[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <tixe at tixe dot com dot ar>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Proxy Arp and Server Nat
 Date:  Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:16:49 -0500
Tixe wrote:
> Hi :
> 	I have some little problem to do work Server NAT, i have public
> static ip address, and my ISP giveme 5 public ip's, i have one ip on
> the wan nic on m0n0wall, and via Server NAT setup one IP more ( from
> the five ip's that my ISP giveme ), i do a NAT rule and Firewall Rule
> to can bypass the packets from the IP Server NAT to one machine on
> DMZ, but i can't do work that. I'm forgerett some thing to do work
> that ?. Y tryed with Proxy ARP also, but the some thing, more,
> m0n0wall when i do a ping from LAN to IP Server NAT, sayme host
> unreachable...

The Ping from the LAN will not work. See
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-lannat.html. Depending on your rules
ping may not work at all...

If have a machine you can access from the outside - at work, a friend,
or a client - try connecting from there. Or try a dial-up from a machine
that is not on your network.

There could be an issue with your ISP's ARP cache having a very long TTL
(Time to Live). It might be a wait and see - get a cup of coffee or take
a nap...

James W. McKeand