[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Yates <steve at teamITS dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Just Mac to get traffic out the door?
 Date:  Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:04:46 -0500
On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:26:02 -0500
"James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz> wrote:

> > 	Windows XP will allow a fixed IP to be used if a DHCP address is
> > not obtained.  If they have XP and do not have a DHCP server at home,
> > this would work for you.
>
> Automatic IP Configuration does not provide a gateway address - just an
> IP and Subnet Mask.

	I wasn't talking about Automatic configuration.  In the TCP/IP
properties, if "obtain an IP address automatically" is selected, an
Alternate Configuration tab appears.

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Wisdom of Bart: I am not authorized to fire substitute teachers

~ Taglines by Taglinator 4 - www.srtware.com ~