[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  William Arlofski <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 To:  Matt Breitbach <matthewb at flash dot shanje dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SNMP OID's
 Date:  Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:35:11 -0400
Matt Breitbach wrote:
> Was just wondering what the OID's were for monitoring WAN in/out bandwidth for m0n0wall.  I
checked quick through the documentation, and couldn't find a quick answer.

I just ran an snmpwalk against mine. I think you are looking for:

ifInOctets.1
ifInOctets.2
ifInOctets.3

ifOutOctets.1
ifOutOctets.2
ifOutOctets.3

where .1 .2 and .3 are the interfaces LAN, WAN, OPT1 respctively -
Unless you are like me and prefer the WAN to be on the 'zero' interfce
eg: sis0 (on WRAP) or xl0 on CDROM/PC version. :)

You can easily use MRTG against those OIDs to get graphical
representations of traffic over time.

Bill Arlofski