[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kevin Bowling <kevin dot bowling at wans dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] The future
 Date:  Thu, 13 Oct 2005 20:18:05 -0700
With the advent of PHP 5, I think it is less compelling to switch to a
new languague because the  new object oriented robustness make it better
suited for the modular design we could all benefit from.  I think PHP 5
can hold its own on the command line, but the only only place it might
be ill suited is the real time configuration as you have said.  Maybe a
lightweight C program can handle the very basics, communicating with the
other tiers of PHP?