[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Craig FALCONER <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] hostnames+NAT
 Date:  Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:40:43 +1300
Depending on load, your web server should be able to handle any domains that
resolve to your IP.  Apache calls this virtual hosting - I run
http://criggie.dyndns.org and http://guyasoc.dyndns.org off the same web
server, while http://shell.clug.net.nz is redirected to
http://shell.clug.net.nz:8080 which is then NATted to another internal IP.

FTP can't really handle this approach though.  Also, it looks really ghetto,
and theres the chance that some anal ISPs/companies block access to
less-standard ports.  Port 81 is another workable choice.