[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frank Luedke <frank at secudos dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Routing and Firewalling-Problem (maybe)
 Date:  Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:22:25 +0200
I know OpenVPN is currently not really supported,
 but I think this is less an OpenVPN problem but
 more a problem of me to understand the error ...

  My configuration looks like this:

  Internet
  --------
  m0n0wall  -----  DMZ1 (protected)
     E ----------  DMZ2 (open any-any)
     I              I
     I              I
    LAN           m0n0VPN
 192.168.1.0     192.168.1.3

  I have a m0n0 as our company's firewall. There is a DMZ1
 with some rules to protect our internet servers and a DMZ2
 which has a rule "allow all from all to all". In DMZ2
 is the second m0no ("m0n0vpn"), which uses an IP in DMZ2
 for WAN and 192.168.1.3 in LAN. (This is because the primary
 m0n0 uses a stable release :))

  The thing is this:

  When I take a third m0n0wall, put it also in DMZ2, configure
 it as OpenVPN Client and put a notbook behind it, everything
 is working (i.e. I can reach from the notebook all in LAN).

  Same is when I take a Linux machine, put it in DMZ2, configure
 OpenVPN, start up, works fine.

  Now, when I take exactly this two boxes (the third m0n0wall or
 the notebook) and put them somewhere else in the Internet, the
 OpenVPN connection seems to get up successfully (last log message
 is "Initialization Sequence Completed"), but I cannot reach
 anything in LAN ...

  Please, has someone any hints for me ?

.fl

--
Frank Luedke             Manager Service & Support
Tel. +49 231 545250-2    Fax. +49 231 545250-5