[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manapua <soekris at manapua dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PDS2300 - Install procedures
 Date:  Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:23:05 -1000
I just got one of these on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5246538306

He's got 25 left. It's pretty cheap too.

It is some kind of surplus thin client. It has a 300Mhz Geode GX1 processor. It is missing the
internal bracket to hold a HD and laptop style floppy. I have sucessfully booted m0n0wall from a
compactflash plugged into an IDE adapter. With a second NIC in the PCI slot it makes a nice little
router. No wall transformer either.

Just need to find something to cover the hole in the front and the back of the case.

The PCI slot says 3.3 volt only. The pci slot is recessed in the back so it's a little difficult
unplugging cables.

You will want a bigger SODIMM. PC66 or faster. The regular DIMM slot will block the PCI slot. How
well does m0n0wall run with 32MB?

It also has an empty DiskonChip socket.

I haven't really played with m0n0wall on it very much. The onboard NIC is a realtek. I'm currently
trying to install Gentoo on it.

Andrew