[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] XML error: no m0n0wall object found!
 Date:  Wed, 12 Oct 2005 20:50:52 -0400
On 10/12/05, Jarrett Kuljis <jarrett at crownmotorsredding dot com> wrote:
> Error: XML error: no m0n0wall object found!
>

> I have run into this error with some frequency on both v.1.11 and v.1.2
> beta.  Anyone else having this issue?

That's typical of a floppy drive or disk that's flaking out.  Could
also be that the disk was formatted on another drive and can't be read
reliably in the drive in your m0n0wall box.  happens...  I'd try a new
floppy disk, and if that doesn't work, go for a new floppy drive.
Ideally, skip the unreliable floppies all together and get an IDE to
CompactFlash adapter and use CF, or use a hard drive.

-Chris