[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Marko Vukovic <marko at aquamanta dot co dot za>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Adult filters?
 Date:  Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:19:08 +0200
> Hi
>
> I was wondering is there's a way to filter adult content with/through
> m0n0wall? If not, is there a *BSD, *nix software that's capable?

I would put a separate *NIX machine on your internal lan, configured
with Squid and DansGuardian (http://dansguardian.org/), and for
transparent (intercept) caching
(http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-17.html) and packet forwarding.

On your m0n0wall, allow only this machine out on TCP port 80 (HTTP) and
manually set your client machines' default route as this Squid box, or
if you're using the m0n0wall for DHCP, add a <gateway>x.x.x.x</gateway>
line in the config file (DHCP section), replacing x.x.x.x with your
Squid machine's IP.

Make sense?