[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  jsjunkmail <jsjunkmail at comcast dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] OpenVPN not starting
 Date:  Sat, 15 Oct 2005 18:19:04 +0200
Am Freitag, den 14.10.2005, 06:47 -0400 schrieb jsjunkmail:
> I do have another question, more related to rules.  When I VPN into the
> remote system, I lose internet connectivity, shouldn't I be able to use the
> tunnel to access the internet, is this related to the gateway on the tunnel?
It depends on how the routes were set _after_ connecting. The server can
tell the client its idea of how the client should set the routes. If the
client has the "pull" option set it will do what the server tells the
client. If you don't use m0n0walls OpenVPN "expert mode", when you have
the choice to push the option redirect-gateway, that will tell the
client to:
(1) Create a static route for the --remote  address  which  forwards
    to the pre-existing default gateway.  This is done so that
(3) will not create a routing loop.
(2) Delete the default gateway route.
(3) Set the new default gateway to be the VPN  endpoint  address

I recommend you to further read the fine manual (openvpn(8)).

> I am using RSA Authentication, I generated my keys using the
> easy-rsa(including the DH), what does this error mean?
Even if you have fixed it: Please use latest version from [1].

Ciao ...

[1] http://www.protec-t.de/m0n0wall/downloads

 copyleft(c) by |           On the Internet, no one knows you're using
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     Windows NT  -- Submitted by Ramiro Estrugo,