[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: Just Mac to get traffic out the door?
 Date:  Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:47:07 -0400
On 10/15/05, Bryan Catlin <bryancatlin at connectgroup dot net> wrote:
>  Sure this is what my current customers are ising and ther than this feature
> monowall can do all the same thus why I would like to get it to work so I
> can start using monowalls instead of these boxes.
> http://www.nomadix.com/products/platforms/hsg/
> The feature is not described well, but is written as "patented Dynamic
> Address TranslationT (DAT)
> technology offers transparent network connectivity by resolving IP
> configuration and browser proxy issues" in their documentation.

ah, browser proxy configuration is yet another piece of the puzzle.
This gets more and more difficult.

But given that it's patented, we probably can't implement it without
getting a nice letter from Nomadix's lawyers.  Not sure how that would
affect the project since the main server is in .ch, IANAL.
Regardless, doesn't sound like a good idea to implement something
that's patented.