[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] The future
 Date:  Sat, 15 Oct 2005 15:10:37 -0400
On 10/15/05, Soren Vanggaard Jensen <svanggaard at hotmail dot com> wrote:

> 3) A better interface (than SNMP) for realtime monitoring

I'd like to see a component to export NetFlow data to a collector.
There are several options that work great on FreeBSD (if a developer
is interested, I'll go into more detail).  There are many software
packages available that'll workw ith NetFlow data, since it's
basically *the* standard in network flow information gathering.
Supported on basically every decent router in existance, and tools
have been written for most OS's as well.  There is a ton of great
stuff you can do with NetFlow data, just google on it and you'll find
all kinds of things.

> ad 2)
> I have a couple of CISCO VPN clients running on LAN workstations. It was a
> pretty big job to get those running.

?  it just works for me.  need to enable NAT-T on the
concentrator/router/PIX that is terminating the connections, but
that's no big deal.

-Chris