[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Juergen Moellenhoff <jm at oic dot de>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP broken after upgrade from 1.11 to 1.2 (Solution)
 Date:  Sun, 16 Oct 2005 15:03:26 +0200
Hi,

that's strange, I checked the status.php and my ipfstat -nio looks like
this:

@1 pass in quick proto gre from any to x.y.233.10/32 keep state group 200
@2 pass in quick proto tcp from any to x.y.233.10/32 port = 1723 keep
state group 200
@3 pass in log first quick proto tcp from any to x.y.240.1/32 port =
1723 keep state group 200

The network x.y.233.10/3 (@1, @2) is not my network, but somehow
monowall added a rule for this network (instead for my network), the
rule @3 (x.y.240.1) is the rule I added so that I can use PPTP. Again, I
just did a upgrade, it's the same config (I added only the rule @3 so
that I can use PPTP) which worked with the 1.11 version without any
problems. It looks like a bug in the final version, at least I have no
clue why monowall is using the wrong network, I never added the network
x.y.233.10 to monowall because this network comes not even close to my
network. This explains of course why PPTP is not working right out of
the box.

Regards,

   JM

PS.: The x.y. is the same number for all 3 rules.